Terms & Conditions
The following terms and conditions (“Terms”), alongside the information provided in the tour or walk description, forms the contract between “you” (the lead person in the confirmation and all persons on whose behalf you are making a booking) and “we”, “us” or “Explorabilia” (Explorabilia LTD, with its registered office at 17 River Close, Ruislip, Middlesex, United Kingdom, with company registration number 09936937)
Contact details: Explorabilia Ltd, 17 River Close, Ruislip, HA4 7UY, United Kingdom Tel : +44 7462937394
The following definitions shall apply to these Terms:
“Site” means http://www.explorabilia.co.uk
“Tour” means a multi-day experience organised by Explorabilia
“Walk” is an in-day experience organised by Explorabilia
2. Booking a Tour or Walk with us, formation of contract and payment deadlines
- These Terms refer to bookings made directly with us only. For any bookings of our Tours and Walks made via 3rd party suppliers, their respective booking terms & conditions apply instead.
- You can book any of Explorabilia Tours and Walks available on site as advertised. Your booking is only binding upon receipt of full payment in case of a Walk, or a deposit, in case of a Tour.
- When a full payment or a deposit is received, we will send you a confirmation email with an invoice and details of any remaining balance, alongside a payment and cancellation schedule or we will advise you that we cannot provide the Walk or the Tour. The contract between us comes into existence at that time we send you the confirmation email with the invoice. At that point, You commit to pay for the Tour or Walk you have booked with us and we commit to provide you with the Tour or Walk as described on our Site. If we advise you that we are unable to provide the Walk or Tour, then no contract has come into existence between you and us.
- If you are making a booking on behalf of other guests, it is implied that you have their authority to enter into the contract described in these Terms, and that you and they have agreed to be bound by these Terms.
- The payment for all Walks must be made 48 hours prior to meeting time. In case we are unable to accept your Walk booking, a full refund will be issued without undue delay.
- The balance payment schedule for all Tours is as follows:
- A deposit amounting to 10% of the total Tour cost, payable at the time of booking.
- A balance payment amounting to 45% of the total Tour cost, payable no later than 90 days prior to Tour start date.
- A final balance payment of the remaining 45% of the total Tour cost, payable no later than 60 days prior to Tour start date
- The full balance of the cost of a Tour must be received by us no later than 60 days prior to Tour start date. If you are making you booking within the 60 day period prior to Tour start date, you will be required to pay the Tour balance in full. For bookings made less than 60 days prior to Tour start date, we require full payment within 24 hours of a booking.
- You will receive confirmation of the Tour payment deadline upon us accepting your booking as set out in paragraph 3 above. In case we are unable to accept your Tour booking, a full refund will be issued without undue delay.
- In case the costs for any part of a Tour or Walk increases, we reserve the right to pass this cost on to you. Such costs are further described in section 4.
- For Tours only, you must confirm you have adequate insurance in place as set out in section 7.
- For both Walks and Tours, you must ensure that you are in a physically healthy condition and capable of walking long distances as further set out in section 17.
3. Method of Payment
- We accept payment for the Tours and Walks advertised on our Site via bank transfer. An email confirmation and receipt will be issued upon the funds being credited to our bank account.
- Our walks can also be booked via Eventbrite’s payment gateway where available. For payments made via Eventbrite’s payment gateway, you will receive an instant email confirmation and receipt. Eventbrite’s booking terms and conditions will apply for payment and refund only instead of these Terms for all bookings and payments made via their gateway. Eventbrite’s booking terms are available from here
- If you do not pay us before the last deadline for payment, we reserve the right to treat your booking as cancelled. If we do that, you accept that a cancellation fee might be due to us, as stated in our cancellation fee schedule in section 5.
4. Applicable Surcharges
- All of our prices on our Site and in any brochures are calculated at costs current as at the time we fixed them. We reserve the right to increase our prices at any time to a maximum of 5% of the advertised cost to meet extraordinary fluctuations, such as (but not limited to) currency exchange rate increases or rising costs. If we do this, we shall tell you of the specific costs which have risen and the percentage by which they have risen.
- No matter what the increase, we shall not increase the prices less than 60 days prior to the start date of the Walk or the start date of the Tour.
- If we increase the price of your Tour or Walk by more than 5%, you are free to cancel it. In those circumstance, we will refund you all money paid to us.
- We reserve the right to change the price of any Tours and Walks that have not been booked.
5. Changes and Cancellations by you
- We will endeavour to accommodate any change you need to make in your arrangements, but we cannot promise to do so. We reserve the right to charge the amount of 10% of the cost of your booking up to a maximum of £20 as an administration fee. You agree to pay this administration fee in addition to any additional cost that arises from the different arrangement you require.
- Only the person who made a booking may cancel the booking. The cancellation takes effect from the date at which a written notification reaches us.
- To cancel a Walk or a Tour, please send an email to email@example.com
- If you wish to cancel a Walk you have booked, you can do so up to 48 hours prior to the starting time. We will offer your choice of either a full refund, or a transferrable voucher to the next available Walk. The voucher will be valid for 90 days. The cost of the walk will be forfeited if the transferrable voucher will remain unclaimed after the end of the 90 day period. You will not receive a refund if you cancel the Walk within 48 hours of the starting time.
- If you wish to cancel a Tour you have booked, your 10% deposit will be forfeited, and we shall charge an additional sum related to the time remaining before the date of departure, as follows:
- Cancellation From 89 to 61 days prior to start of Tour, 20% of the total Tour cost
- Cancellation From 59 days prior and up to the start day of Tour, full charges will apply
- If circumstances force you to leave a tour or walk early, you will have to bear any additional costs yourself. We will be under no obligation to refund you any part of the Tour price if you do so.
- In addition to the above, you may have statutory rights to change your mind for services bought online within 14 days of booking and receive a refund. Under UK Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, for most Walks and Tours bought online you have a legal right to change your mind within 14 days of booking and receive a full refund. You do not have the right to change your mind in respect of services such as Walks and Tours that have been completed even if the cancellation period is still running or if we have started to provide the services (Walks and Tours) for you.
6. Changes and Cancellations by us
- We reserve the right to change Tour and Walk arrangements. This is necessary because many of our activities involve variables which are outside our control. These include, but are not limited to : weather, health and political issues, currency problems or accommodation issues.
- We shall inform you about minor changes to the schedule before Tour start date. If we think a necessary change is important, we will tell you about it as soon as we can and give you the opportunity to either accept the change, or take an alternative Tour or Walk (paying or receiving a refund / credit in respect of any price difference), or cancel and accept a full refund.
- If such problems occur during a Tour or Walk, we will make alternative arrangements so as to comply as closely as possible to the description of the Tour or Walk in our Site or brochure.
- If a problem occurs which is so serious that we have to cancel a Tour or Walk before the start date, you may choose to accept either an alternative Tour or Walk (paying or receiving a refund/credit in respect of any price difference) or a full refund of all money paid. In circumstances where the cancellation is due to events outside of our reasonable control, we reserve the right to deduct unrecoverable costs from refunds.
- We are not liable to you in any circumstances for loss or damage or loss of your Walk or Tour when unusual and unforeseeable circumstances arise which are beyond our control, the consequences of which we could not have avoided even with all due care; or when the change is not significant. We are not liable to pay you any additional travel or any other costs, expenses or losses which you incur as a result of any change or cancellation by us, such as (but not limited to) changes to times of scheduled activities or arrangements. You agree that all these provisions are reasonable.
- We reserve the right to remove you and/or any persons on whose behalf you are making a booking from a Tour or Walk, during the event, or before its start date, in the following circumstances:
– if we believe their participation on the Walk or Tour could result in fellow clients being put in danger;
– if we believe their participation on the Walk or Tour could in any way be to the detriment of Explorabilia as a company;
– if you omit information or provide false or misleading information; or
– in cases of physical or verbal abuse.
7. Travel Insurance (for Tours only)
- It is a condition of booking an Explorabilia LTD tour that you take out appropriate travel insurance.. We cannot approve the cover you have bought and are not responsible if it is inadequate.
- Cover should be obtained not only against normal travel risks, but against additional risks appropriate to the country where the Tour takes place. In particular, local road transport insurance may be inadequate, so you should check that your cover includes accidents happening whilst you are a passenger in a vehicle.
- We advise that you should also check that any valuable personal or optical equipment is covered either in your travel policy or your home contents policy.
8. Passport, Visa and Health Requirements (for Tours only)
- We strongly suggest that your passport is valid for at least six months after the date of return of your Tour.
- Please remember to apply for any necessary visas, vaccinations, health certificates, passenger locator forms and any other certifications that may be required to travel to the country where the Tour takes place in good time. We are not responsible for arranging those for you, or for any related issues that may arise.
- Check with your GP or nurse which vaccinations and medication you may require and allow time to obtain them.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you obtain all necessary inoculations (including Covid 19), take all necessary medication and follow all medical and Covid 19 related requirements in relation to the country where the Tour takes place.
9. Tour Information
Approximately four weeks before the start date of the Tour, we shall send you a pack of information relating to your Tour. This information will include:
- location of Meeting Point and time of meeting;
- addresses and contact numbers
- itinerary details
- a list of do’s and don’ts for the Tour
10.Accommodation (for Tours only)
Our accommodation varies between destinations with everything from hotels, hostels, cabins, homestays and more. Further accommodation details can be found in each itinerary listed on our Site or brochure. Please note:
- We reserve the right to change accommodation to that stated on our Site or brochure itineraries – (see below “changes of itinerary”).
- Single rooms are normally available at an extra cost. However, if you so wish, it may be possible for you to share a room. In some destinations, single rooms have limited availability so we cannot guarantee the availability, especially if booking late.
- Check in times for accommodation is approximately 15:00. For earlier arrivals you might be required to store your luggage or pay an additional fee for early check in.
- Check out times for accommodation is approximately 11:00 midday. You might be required to store your luggage or pay an additional fee for late checkout.
11. Changes of Itinerary (for Tours and Walks)
- Despite careful planning, it is possible that a site or route may become inaccessible on short notice due to matters outside our control, for example, but not limited to, through a change of its access policy, natural disaster, or strikes.
- It is also possible that new information on seasonal opening times or travel safety means we need to change our planning.
- We may therefore decide to make changes to the itinerary to accommodate such possibilities. We will tell you of any such change as soon as we decide to make it. If that happens before the commencement of a Tour or Walk, you may transfer to an available alternative Tour or Walk. If your chosen alternative is of a lower price we will refund the difference. If it is of a higher price, you must pay the difference.
- If such changes emerge during a Tour or a Walk, we will endeavour to offer a suitable alternative site or route.
12. Risk and UK Travel Advise (for Tours only)
- Our Tours are subject to the United Kingdom’s Foreign Travel Advice. If the UK change their advice to warn against travel to one of our Tour destinations after you have made a booking, we will offer the chance to cancel with a refund if more than 60 days prior to start date, minus your 10% deposit to cover administrative costs. If it is 59 days or less to the start date, then we will refund all our recoverable costs. We advise taking out travel insurance more than 60 days prior to the trip so that you can claim back any of the non-recoverable costs with them if the travel advice changes after this point. Please check that your insurance provider includes this coverage.
- For clients outside the UK, the above terms stand as a point of reference for any changes or cancellations that may occur as a result. The above terms also stand in case the travel advice from your own government’s state department offers advice which states that your nationality specifically is at danger if travelling to the region.
- It is your responsibility to be aware of current UK Foreign Travel Advice, as well as that of your nationality’s government, and ensure you are fully aware of the potential risks of travelling to the destination of the tour you have booked.
13. Limitations of liability
We want you to fully enjoy the Tour or Walk you have booked with us. Nonetheless, we must make clear what we do not agree to be liable to you for:
- Any event which happens before you board our transport or meet us at the meeting point or after you leave us at the end of the Tour;
- Any problem arising from your failure to reach the ,meeting point on time, for whatever reason; (though we would do our best to help you in any way we reasonably could)
- Any aspect of goods or services you buy or accept other than those arranged by us;
- Medical problems or physical difficulties, even if you have told us about them in advance;
- Medical emergencies;
- Your own carelessness or negligence in any aspect of your behaviour whilst on our Walk or Tour;
- Changes we reasonably make to an itinerary or to accommodation or any other aspect of the management of a Tour or Walk as further described in these Terms;
- Problems or issues which we could have resolved whilst on a Tour or Walk but which you raise only after the Tour or Walk.
- Injury, illness, death, loss (including loss of enjoyment or possessions), damage, expense, cost or other sum or claim of any description whatsoever which results from either:
- the act or omission of you or anyone in your party;
- the act or omission of a third party not connected with Explorabilia.
- Services we have not provided by Explorabilia. The services and features included in your Tour are those specified in our Site or brochure. If you choose to buy other goods or services during the Tour, those are not part of the package we provide, even if arranged at your request through our tour leader. Accordingly we are not liable to you for any happening in connection with those service or those goods.
- Events resulting from war or terror or other matters relating to foreign travel advice when they have warned against travel to said country and you have voluntarily booked in the knowledge of these travel warnings.
- If we fail to comply with these Terms, we are responsible for loss and damage you suffer that is foreseeable result of our breaking these Terms or our failing to use reasonable care and skill. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if at the time the contract was made both we and you knew it might happen.
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes death or personal injury caused by our negligence, for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- For loss and damage to your personal possession, see clause 15 below.
- In no event are we liable for any business losses.
14. Local Standards
- Laws, standards, culture and attitudes are different in many countries from what you reasonable expect at home. We are not responsible for standards of service, safety, hygiene and behaviour which may be lower than you are used to or which you expected.
- We do not make any warranties, representations or commitments that all services will comply with applicable local laws and regulations and failure to comply does not automatically mean we have not exercised reasonable skill and care.
- Please also note that we will only be responsible for what our employees, agents and suppliers do or do not do, if they were at the time acting within the course of their employment (for employees) or carrying out work we had asked them to do (for agents and suppliers).
15. Limitation of compensation by international conventions
- We and you are subject to international conventions, when they apply. This may limit the amount of a claim you may be make, against us or anyone else. The most we will have to pay you for many claims for personal injury will not exceed what a carrier would pay under, for example, or the Convention on International Travel by Rail. Please note: where a carrier would not be obliged to make any payment to you under the applicable international convention or regulation in respect of a claim or part of a claim, we similarly are not obliged to make a payment to you for that claim or part of the claim. When making any payment, we are entitled to deduct any money which you have received or are entitled to receive from the carrier for the complaint or claim in question.
- Where we are found liable for loss of and/or damage to any luggage or personal possessions (including money) where international convention or regulation does not apply, the maximum amount of compensation we will pay you will be £500.
16. Transport delays limit of liability
- There is no guarantee that transport provided on the tour will depart at the time specified. If they do not, we are not liable to you for any delay or cancellation or for any failure to take what you think are the best actions to have taken in particular circumstances.
17. Help we need from you
- Most of our Tours and Walks require reasonable physical fitness and appropriate footwear.
- If at any time, it is our opinion (given by any of our staff or tour leaders) that you are acting in a way which may cause accident, injury, discomfort or extreme displeasure to any other Tour member, we may exclude you from the programme for the remainder of the Tour. You will understand that this extreme action will not be taken lightly but may be necessary to protect the health, safety or enjoyment of other clients.
18. Complaints procedure
We shall try our utmost to provide a happy and fulfilling Tour or Walk, but if we fail in any way, do please raise any issue with your Tour leader immediately. If your complaint cannot be satisfied it is not dealt with to your satisfaction at the time of reporting it to the leader(s), then you should give us full details in writing, immediately on your return. We cannot respond to verbal complaints. Correspondence should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
19. Data Protection
In these Term unless the context otherwise requires:
- a reference to a person includes a human individual, a corporate entity and any organisation which is managed or controlled as a unit;
- any agreement by any party not to do or omit to do something includes an obligation not to allow some other person to do or omit to do that same thing;
- Except where stated otherwise, any obligation of any person arising from these Terms may be performed by any other person.
- If any term or provision of these Terms is at any time held by applicable jurisdiction to be void, invalid or unenforceable, then it shall be treated as changed or reduced, only to the extent minimally necessary to bring it within the laws of that jurisdiction and to prevent it from being void and it shall be binding in that changed or reduced form. Subject to that, each provision shall be interpreted as severable and shall not in any way affect any other of these terms.
- The parties agree that electronic communications satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
- In the event of a dispute between us, you undertake to attempt to settle the dispute by engaging in good faith with us in a process of mediation before commencing arbitration or litigation.
- These Terms do not give any right to any third party under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise, except that any provision in this agreement which excludes or restricts the liability of our directors, officers, employees, subcontractors, agents and affiliated companies, may be enforced under that act.
- We are not liable for any failure or delay in performance of these Terms which is caused by circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
- The validity, construction and performance of these Terms shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales. The parties agree that any dispute arising from it shall be litigated only in England and Wales. However this choice of law and jurisdiction shall not have the effect of depriving you of the protection afforded to you by provisions that cannot be derogated from by an agreement under the law of the country in which you have your habitual residence.
This document was last updated on the 10th of June 2022